You’ll Never Run Out of things to Do With Children
With its sunny beaches, vibrant culture, and endless entertainment options, Miami is a perfect destination for families with children. The city offers a variety of activities and attractions that cater to kids of all ages, from toddlers to teenagers. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, educational experiences, or just some good old-fashioned fun, Miami has something for everyone.
From the famous Miami Seaquarium to the exciting Jungle Island, Miami is home to a wide range of family-friendly attractions that are sure to keep your children entertained. The city also boasts a number of parks, museums, and cultural centers that offer educational opportunities for kids. Whether you want to learn about marine life at the Frost Museum of Science or explore the history of Miami at the HistoryMiami Museum, there’s no shortage of things to see and do.
Of course, no trip to Miami would be complete without a visit to its beautiful beaches. From the popular South Beach to the quieter Key Biscayne, Miami’s beaches offer plenty of opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. With so many options to choose from, it can be hard to decide what to do first. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 25 things to do in Miami with children, to help you plan the perfect family vacation.
Miami is known for its beautiful beaches and warm weather, making it the perfect destination for families with children. Here are some of the top beach activities to enjoy with your kids:
- Swimming: Take a dip in the crystal-clear waters of Miami’s beaches. The water is warm and inviting, making it a great place to cool off on a hot day.
- Building sandcastles: Bring a bucket and shovel and build a sandcastle with your kids. Miami’s beaches have soft, white sand that’s perfect for building.
- Playing beach games: Bring a frisbee, volleyball, or other beach games to play with your kids. Many of Miami’s beaches have designated areas for playing sports.
- Snorkeling: Explore the underwater world with your kids by going snorkeling. Miami’s beaches have clear waters where you can spot colorful fish and other marine life.
Some of the best beaches for families in Miami include:
|South Beach||Miami Beach||White sand, clear water, lifeguards, beach volleyball courts|
|Crandon Park Beach||Key Biscayne||Playground, carousel, picnic areas, nature center|
|Matheson Hammock Park Beach||Coral Gables||Lagoon, nature trails, picnic areas, restaurant|
With so many options for beach fun, Miami is the perfect destination for families with children who love the sun, sand, and sea.
Miami is a city that offers plenty of outdoor activities for children. From beaches to parks, there is no shortage of fun for the family. Here are some of the top outdoor adventures in Miami:
1. Beaches: Miami has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Take the kids for a day of fun in the sun, building sandcastles, swimming, and playing beach volleyball. Some of the top beaches include South Beach, Miami Beach, and Key Biscayne.
2. Water Sports: Miami is a great place for water sports such as jet skiing, parasailing, and paddleboarding. Take the kids on a thrilling ride on a speedboat or a catamaran. Thriller Miami Speedboat Adventures offers a 55-foot catamaran that reaches speeds of up to 50 miles per hour.
3. Zoo Miami: The zoo is a great place for children to learn about animals and nature. Zoo Miami is home to over 3,000 animals from around the world. The zoo offers interactive exhibits, animal encounters, and a petting zoo.
4. Miami Seaquarium: The Miami Seaquarium is an aquatic park that offers shows, exhibits, and interactive experiences with marine animals. Children can swim with dolphins, feed sea turtles, and watch live shows featuring dolphins, sea lions, and killer whales.
5. Everglades National Park: Take a trip to the Everglades National Park and explore the natural beauty of Florida. Children can take an airboat ride through the swamps, spot alligators and other wildlife, and learn about the ecosystem of the Everglades.
6. Jungle Island: Jungle Island is a zoological park that offers interactive experiences with animals, such as feeding a kangaroo or holding a sloth. The park also features zip lines, a petting zoo, and live shows with parrots, tigers, and other animals.
7. Biscayne National Park: Biscayne National Park is a great place for families to explore the underwater world of Florida. Children can go snorkeling or scuba diving to see the colorful coral reefs and marine life.
8. Bike Tours: Take a bike tour of Miami and explore the city’s beautiful neighborhoods, parks, and beaches. Bike and Roll Miami offers guided tours for families, including a tour of Miami Beach and a tour of the Art Deco District.
9. Sailing Adventures: Take a sailing adventure with the family and explore the beautiful waters of Miami. Sailing Adventures Miami offers private charters and group tours, including sunset sails and snorkeling adventures.
10. Fishing: Miami is a great place for fishing, with plenty of opportunities to catch fish such as tarpon, snook, and sailfish. Take the kids on a fishing trip and teach them how to catch their own dinner.
Overall, Miami offers a variety of outdoor adventures for families with children. Whether it’s exploring the beaches, visiting the zoo, or taking a sailing adventure, there is something for everyone in Miami.
Museums and Science Centers
Miami is home to many museums and science centers that are perfect for children. These places offer educational and interactive experiences that will keep children entertained while they learn.
- Miami Children’s Museum: This museum is dedicated to children and offers a variety of exhibits and programs that are designed to engage and educate children. Some of the exhibits include a bank, a supermarket, and a cruise ship.
- Museum of Science: This museum has a variety of interactive exhibits that teach children about science and technology. It also has a planetarium and an aquarium.
- The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science: This museum has a variety of exhibits that teach children about science and technology. It also has a planetarium and an aquarium.
These museums and science centers are great places to take children in Miami. They offer educational and interactive experiences that will keep children entertained while they learn.
Amusement Parks and Attractions
Miami is home to several amusement parks and attractions that are perfect for families with children. Here are some of the top options:
1. Jungle Island: This intimate zoological park located in the heart of Miami is a haven for nature lovers. It has been around since 1936 and is home to over 3,000 animals from around the world. Visitors can enjoy animal shows, interactive exhibits, and even zip lining.
2. Tidal Cove Water Park: This water park is one of the most visited in Miami and is perfect for families looking to cool off from the heat. It features a large pool, lazy river, and several water slides.
3. Miami Seaquarium: This popular attraction is home to dolphins, sea lions, and other marine life. Visitors can enjoy shows, exhibits, and even swim with dolphins.
4. Zoo Miami: This large zoo is home to over 3,000 animals and is perfect for families looking to spend a day outdoors. Visitors can enjoy animal exhibits, shows, and even a petting zoo.
5. Skyviews Miami Observation Wheel: This 176-foot-tall observation wheel provides stunning views of Miami and is perfect for families looking to take in the sights. Each gondola can hold up to six people.
6. Santa’s Enchanted Forest: This holiday-themed amusement park is perfect for families looking to get into the holiday spirit. It features over 100 rides, games, and attractions.
7. Miami Children’s Museum: This interactive museum is perfect for families with young children. It features several exhibits and activities that encourage learning and creativity.
8. FunDimension: This indoor entertainment center features laser tag, a ropes course, and several arcade games. It’s perfect for families looking to escape the heat or rainy weather.
These amusement parks and attractions are just a few of the many options available in Miami. Families with children are sure to find something that suits their interests and budget.
Miami is home to a variety of amazing animal encounters that your children will love. From zoos to aquariums, Miami has it all. Here are some of the top animal encounters to check out:
- Zoo Miami: This subtropical zoo is the only one of its kind in the continental United States. It offers a variety of species not often seen in other American zoos. Children can feed giraffes, ride camels, and see animals up close and personal.
- Jungle Island: This interactive zoo offers unforgettable interactions with animals for all ages. Children can play with lemurs, feed flamingos, and even swim with seals.
- Miami Seaquarium: This aquarium is home to a variety of marine life, including dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees. Children can swim with dolphins, touch stingrays, and even go on a behind-the-scenes tour.
- Safari Edventure: This wildlife park offers a unique experience where children can interact with exotic animals such as kangaroos, lemurs, and sloths. They can also go on a safari ride and see animals up close.
These animal encounters are a great way to teach children about wildlife and conservation while having fun. They offer a unique and memorable experience that your children will cherish for years to come. Make sure to add these to your list of things to do in Miami with children.
Sports and Recreation
Miami is known for its beautiful beaches and outdoor activities, making it a perfect destination for families with children. Here are some of the top sports and recreation activities to do with your kids in Miami:
1. Beach Fun: Miami has some of the best beaches in the world. Take your kids to the beach for a day of fun in the sun. You can swim, build sandcastles, play beach volleyball, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
2. Water Sports: Miami is a great place to try out water sports such as kayaking, paddleboarding, and jet skiing. There are plenty of rental shops along the beaches where you can rent the equipment you need.
3. Miami Seaquarium: The Miami Seaquarium is a great place to take your kids for a fun and educational experience. You can watch dolphin and sea lion shows, explore the aquarium, and even swim with dolphins.
4. Jungle Island: Jungle Island is a zoological park where you can see exotic animals such as tigers, kangaroos, and lemurs. You can also enjoy a zip line adventure, a petting zoo, and a playground.
5. Miami Children’s Museum: The Miami Children’s Museum is an interactive museum where kids can learn and play at the same time. There are exhibits on art, music, science, and more.
6. Marlins Park: Take your kids out to the ballgame at Marlins Park, home of the Miami Marlins. You can enjoy a day of baseball, food, and family fun.
Miami offers a variety of sports and recreation activities for families with children. Whether you want to spend a day at the beach, explore an aquarium, or go to a ballgame, Miami has something for everyone.
Miami has a vibrant performing arts scene that is perfect for families with children. Here are some of the best performing arts venues and events that you can enjoy with your kids:
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts: This world-class performing arts center hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including Broadway shows, ballets, operas, and concerts. The center also offers educational programs and workshops for children and families.
- Miami Children’s Theater: This non-profit theater company is dedicated to providing quality theater experiences for children and young adults. The company produces several shows each year, including musicals, plays, and revues.
- Actors’ Playhouse at the Miracle Theatre: This historic theater in Coral Gables hosts a variety of family-friendly performances, including musicals, comedies, and dramas. The theater also offers educational programs for children and young adults.
- Miami City Ballet: This world-renowned ballet company offers performances throughout the year, including classics like “The Nutcracker” and “Swan Lake.” The company also offers educational programs for children and families.
- New World Symphony: This acclaimed orchestra is dedicated to the education and development of young musicians. The symphony offers family-friendly concerts and educational programs throughout the year.
Whether your child is a budding actor, dancer, or musician, Miami’s performing arts scene has something for everyone. These venues and events offer the perfect opportunity to introduce your children to the magic of the performing arts.
When visiting Miami with children, educational tours can be a fun and enriching experience. Here are a few options:
- Miami Children’s Museum: This museum offers interactive exhibits and hands-on activities for children of all ages. From learning about the Everglades to exploring the world of art, there is something for everyone.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: This historic estate offers a glimpse into Miami’s past. Children can explore the gardens, learn about the architecture, and discover what life was like for the wealthy in the early 20th century.
- Museum of Science and Planetarium: With over 140 exhibits, this museum offers a wide range of educational opportunities. From exploring the human body to learning about space, children can discover the wonders of science in a fun and interactive way.
Another great option is the Seaquarium, where children can learn about marine life and conservation efforts. They can watch dolphin and sea lion shows, explore the aquarium exhibits, and even swim with the dolphins.
For a unique educational experience, families can take a boat tour of the Everglades. They can learn about the ecosystem, see wildlife such as alligators and turtles, and explore the mangrove forests.
Educational tours can be a great way to combine fun and learning while visiting Miami with children. With so many options to choose from, families are sure to find something that appeals to everyone.
Shopping and Dining in Miami with Children
Miami is a great destination for families with children, and shopping and dining are two activities that can be enjoyed by all ages. From luxury shopping malls to local markets, Miami has something for everyone. Here are some of the top places to shop and dine in Miami with children:
1. Bayside Marketplace: This open-air shopping center is located in downtown Miami and offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Children will love the outdoor atmosphere and the live music performances.
2. Dolphin Mall: This mall is located in the western part of Miami and features over 240 stores, including many popular brands. There are also several restaurants and a movie theater, making it a great place to spend the day with the family.
3. Lincoln Road Mall: This pedestrian street in South Beach is lined with shops, restaurants, and cafes. Children will enjoy the street performers and the colorful atmosphere.
4. Little Havana: This vibrant neighborhood is known for its Cuban culture and cuisine. Take the family to one of the many local restaurants and enjoy some delicious Cuban food.
5. Wynwood Walls: This outdoor art gallery features colorful murals and graffiti art. There are also several restaurants and cafes in the area, making it a great place to explore with children.
6. Food Halls: Miami has several food halls that offer a variety of dining options in one location. Some popular food halls include Time Out Market Miami and The Citadel.
7. Ice Cream Shops: Miami has many ice cream shops that offer unique flavors and fun atmospheres. Some popular options include Azucar Ice Cream Company and Serendipity Creamery.
Overall, shopping and dining in Miami with children can be a fun and memorable experience. With so many options to choose from, families are sure to find something that everyone will enjoy.
Miami is surrounded by some of the most beautiful natural sights in the world, and there are plenty of day trips that families can take to explore them. Here are some of the best day trips to take with children in Miami:
1. Everglades National Park: Just a short drive from Miami, the Everglades National Park is a must-visit destination for families with children. The park is home to a wide range of wildlife, including alligators, panthers, and manatees. Families can take an airboat tour, hike the trails, or even camp overnight.
2. Key West: A trip to Key West is a great way to spend a day with the family. The drive down the Overseas Highway is a scenic adventure in and of itself, and once you arrive in Key West, there are plenty of family-friendly activities to enjoy, from snorkeling and boat tours to visiting the Butterfly and Nature Conservatory.
3. Fort Lauderdale: Just a short drive north of Miami, Fort Lauderdale is home to some of the best beaches in Florida. Families can spend the day lounging on the sand, swimming in the ocean, or exploring the city’s many attractions, including the Museum of Discovery and Science and the Bonnet House Museum and Gardens.
4. Disney World: While not technically a day trip, Disney World is just a few hours’ drive from Miami and makes for an unforgettable family vacation. With four theme parks, two water parks, and countless attractions and shows, there’s something for everyone at Disney World.
5. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park: Located in Key Largo, just an hour’s drive from Miami, John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park is a great destination for families who love the ocean. The park is home to the only living coral reef in the continental United States, and families can take a glass-bottom boat tour, go snorkeling, or even scuba dive to explore the reef up close.
Whether you’re looking to explore the natural beauty of the Everglades, relax on the beaches of Fort Lauderdale, or experience the magic of Disney World, there are plenty of day trips to take with children in Miami. Pack a picnic, grab some sunscreen, and get ready for an adventure!
Miami is home to a variety of family-friendly accommodations that cater to the needs of both parents and children. From luxury hotels to budget-friendly options, there is something for everyone.
For families looking for a luxurious stay, the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove is a great choice. The hotel offers a complimentary kids’ club with supervised activities, as well as a pool and playground. The Miami Beach EDITION is another trendy hotel with a kids’ club that offers a variety of activities for kids, including arts and crafts, movies, and water sports.
Those on a budget can opt for the Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, a kid-friendly hotel that offers affordable rates and a location close to the beach. The hotel also provides complimentary beach chairs and towels for guests.
Families who prefer the convenience of home can rent a vacation home or apartment through Airbnb or VRBO. These options provide more space and privacy for families, as well as the ability to cook meals and do laundry.
No matter where you choose to stay, make sure to research the amenities and services offered to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for the whole family.
- Rainy Day Fun: What to Do With Children in Miami 2023 - July 7, 2023
- Outdoor Activities For Children in Miami 2023 - July 7, 2023
- Famous Movies Filmed in Miami: A Guide to Iconic Film Locations in the Magic City - April 23, 2023